by Ottawa Fringe
January 21, 2022
The Ottawa Fringe Festival “Ottawa Fringe” is hiring for the position of Marketing & Communications Officer.
Date Posted: Jan 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
Start Date: Mar 01, 2022
Duration: This is a permanent, full time position.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, with the ability to work overtime during festivals and some events.
Salary: $41,000.00 per annum.
Who We Are:
The Ottawa Fringe is an organization committed to empowering audiences, encouraging artists to take risks, pursue their visions, and develop their skills. The organization manages the theatre and arts spaces in the Arts Court and produces two festivals, the Ottawa Fringe Festival and undercurrents. The Ottawa Fringe Festival is an uncensored, annual, Ottawa-based summer festival that provides emerging and established artists an opportunity to produce their work. The winter festival, undercurrents, is a curated festival that showcases the best original, contemporary theatre created by local, national, and international artists.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communication Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement marketing and communications activities for the Ottawa Fringe Festival, undercurrents Festival and auxiliary programming;
- Coordinate production and distribution of promotional elements (posters, programs, flyers, ads, merchandise, other marketing materials);
- Draft and edit newsletter copy;
- Head media relations for festivals;
- Consult festival artists on marketing (workshops, media packages);
- Update and create content for festival and Arts Court websites;
Manage social media channels for festival and Arts Court, including the creation of content;
- Track metrics and engagement for website and social accounts related to marketing the festivals;
- Assist with fundraising initiatives;
- Coordinate additional displays or decor in relation to festivals or other events (front of house, galas, auxiliary events).
- The Marketing & Communications Officer will work closely with the Executive Director to determine additional responsibilities and/or update the scope of duties.
- Share and actively uphold the values of the Ottawa Fringe, including support for and celebration of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Commit to upholding a safe and inclusive space for co-workers, artists, and patrons, including taking actions to ensure an environment free of harassment, racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia;
- Post-secondary education in marketing or communications or related field;
- Experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies with both social and traditional media;
- Knowledge of the local performing arts and business community an asset;
- Experience tracking metrics and KPIs an asset
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills;
- Familiarity with WordPress, Squarespace, Mailchimp;
- Proficiency with Photoshop;
- Bilingualism is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send to the hiring committee (j[email protected]) your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and detailing why you believe you are the ideal candidate for the Marketing & Communications Officer position by Friday, February 11. Candidates may be asked to provide writing or marketing samples during the interview process. Only candidates who qualify will be contacted for next steps in the interview process.