Job Opportunity: General Manager
The Ottawa Fringe Festival “Ottawa Fringe” is hiring for the position of General Manager.
This role reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the management of services for the Fringe festival and undercurrents festival. The General Manager is also expected to maintain a high standard of excellence on all Arts Court Theatre services.
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2022
Application Deadline: Feb 11, 2022
Start Date: Mar 01, 2022
Duration: This is a permanent, full time position.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, with the ability to work overtime during festivals and some events.
Salary: $50,000.00 per annum.
Who We Are:
The Ottawa Fringe is an organization committed to empowering audiences, encouraging artists to take risks, pursue their visions, and develop their skills. The organization manages the theatre and arts spaces in the Arts Court and produces two festivals, the Ottawa Fringe Festival and undercurrents. The Ottawa Fringe Festival is an uncensored, annual, Ottawa-based summer festival that provides emerging and established artists an opportunity to produce their work. The winter festival, undercurrents, is a curated festival that showcases the best original, contemporary theatre created by local, national, and international artists.
- Establish budget and operational timelines to ensure healthy financial practices and sustainable financial security;
- Collaborate with the Treasurer and Executive Director on budget and audit-related items, and conduct regular fiscal reviews which include but are not limited to bank statement reconciliation and month-end financials;
- Support Executive Director with fundraising and development strategy including grant applications and sponsorship initiatives;
- Work with Executive Director to manage festival resources;
- Provide Executive Director with input on their reports to the Board of Directors;
- Liaise with staff and Board of Directors on human resources (package benefits, pension);
- Coordinate with the City of Ottawa and Arts Court stakeholders;
- Liaise with City of Ottawa Arts Court Coordinator to exceed standards set out by the Purchase of Service Agreement;
- Manage client relations through rental agreements, staffing requirements, and vendors;
- Manage box office operations including working with the Front of House Supervisor to oversee box office staff and volunteer programs;
- Monitor the Arts Court info email account and phone line;
- Ensure the general function of the office and accompanying equipment.
The General Manager will work closely with the Executive Director to determine additional responsibilities and/or update the scope of duties.
- Share and actively uphold the values of the Ottawa Fringe, including support for and celebration of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Commit to upholding a safe and inclusive space for co-workers, artists, and patrons, including taking actions to ensure an environment free of harassment, racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia;
- Three (3) years of experience with festival or event coordination;
- Three (3) years of experience with managing operational budgets, grant revenue, and complex financials;
- Experience managing part-time staff in festival, event or production settings;
- Knowledge and experience writing and reporting on successful grant proposals to municipal, provincial, and federal funding bodies, as well as private foundations;
- Experience securing private donations and sponsored funding;
- Familiarity with Canadian Fringe Festivals and the national theatre landscape;
- Exceptional communication skills, including building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, clients, and audiences;
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing deadlines, circumstances, and challenges;
- Bilingualism is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send to the hiring committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and detailing why you believe you are the ideal candidate for the General Manager position by Friday, February 11.
Only candidates who qualify will be contacted for next steps in the interview process.