by Alain Richer
June 17, 2011
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY, JUNE 24, AT 11:59 PM
If you followed the 15 Days of Fringe Previews we ran on this site in the days leading up to the festival, you may have seen the preview video Piece O Pie Productions put together for their show, eXs and Ohs.
Watching that video – and the giant green wall they shot it in front of – got me thinking about how much fun it would be to use that wall as a green screen. And so, with the company’s permission, I am proud to announce the 2011 Ottawa Fringe Green Screen Contest.
The rules, they are as follows:
- Head on over to YouTube and watch/download the video (it’s also embedded below)
- Using your high-tech video editing software (or, you know, iMovie), make that green wall into something else
- Upload your video to YouTube (or another video sharing site)
- Let us know what you’ve done by either a) leaving a video response under the original preview; or b) leaving a comment on this post with a link to your video
- There will be two winners: one chosen by the Fringe staff, and the other by the Fringe’s online community
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Thursday, June 23; finalists will be posted Friday, June 24 and voting will take place all day Friday June 24 and Saturday June 25, with the winner being announced on Sunday, June 26.
- The winners will receive great prizes.
I’ll be posting my video (I am not eligible to win, however) in the next couple of days. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments below. In the meantime, get green screening!
Big thanks to Piece O’ Pie Productions for their participation! Go see their show!