by Spencer Kahler
June 28, 2018
The 2018 Ottawa Fringe Festival was an incredible success! We’d like to thank everyone who came out and supported the festival and its artists. This year we hit a record high attendance and we couldn’t have done it without you. So thank you to all our patrons, our sponsors, and the artists themselves.
We hope every show you watched managed to make you laugh or cry or something in between. With 56 shows in the festival this year, there was definitely something for everyone. And thank you for grabbing a beer with us at the Sky Lounge – not Sk’Lounge – while Lauren and Amanda from Toasted Theatre hosted a hilarious talk show late into the night.
On our closing night, June 24th, we handed out a selection of juried awards. Congrats to all our award winners this year! Keep up the amazing work.
- Outstanding Overall Production: Josephine, a burlesque cabaret dream play
- Outstanding Solo Performance: Fool Muun Komming!
- Outstanding Ensemble: Megan Carty & Matt Hertendy – Lungs
- Outstanding New Work: Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chamedian
- Emerging Artists Award: Even Gilchrist
- Jury’s Choice Award: The Geography Teacher’s Orders
- Spirit of the Fringe: Judy Reid
- Volunteers’ Choice Award: Josephine, a burlesque cabaret dream play
- Volunteers of the Year: Cale Ettenberg and Amanda Pennell
See you next year!