by Ottawa Fringe
August 30, 2016
The Ottawa Fringe is looking for a qualified individual to work with us as Festivals Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
Please submit your application to Kevin Waghorn, Managing Director, by email to email@example.com by September 7, 2016
Festival Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Salary Range: $34,000 to $38,000
Reporting to the Festival Director, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing marketing and communications activities for the Ottawa Fringe Festival, undercurrents festival, and auxiliary programming.
- Coordinating production and distribution of promotional elements (posters, programs, flyers, ads, marketing materials).
- Drafting and editing newsletter copy.
- Media relations for the festivals.
- Managing website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc). Drafting, editing and producing content.
- Assisting with fundraising initiatives.
We are looking for:
- Post-secondary education in marketing or communications or a related field.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies with both social and traditional media.
- Experience in supervising staff and volunteers in an asset.
- Knowledge of the local performing arts and business community is an asset.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, creative and management teams.
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, WordPress, and Squarespace CMS
- Proficiency with Photoshop or GIMP (intermediate skill level)
- Bilingualism is an asset
Along with your CV and cover letter, please attach one or more writing samples. These can be creative, academic and/or professional texts.