Photo Credit: Andrew Alexander
What is the Open Doors Mentorship?
Ottawa Fringe is opening up its doors as an ally by offering artistic mentorship opportunities for producers who self-identify with any of the organization’s Priority Groups:
- Artists of Colour
- Deaf Artists and Artists with Disabilities
- Immigrant and Refugee Artists
- Indigenous Artists – First Nations, Metis, Inuit
Diversity is a fact. We want to ensure that the voices and stories we share on our stages reflect Ottawa’s vibrant and diverse communities.
The Ottawa Fringe Open Doors Mentorship is supported by the Ottawa Community Foundation.
What the Mentorship Offers:
- A dedicated 60-min performance slot in the 2022 Ottawa Fringe Festival;
- Waived festival fees;
- 20 hours of committed professional mentorship, from January-June, 2022;
- Each producer will receive $500 towards production costs.
- Producers will receive administrative support, including one-on-one meetings with the Fringe’s Executive Director, Marketing Officer, and Technical Director in the lead up to the festival;
- Access to rehearsal space in Arts Court
The Fringe Festival is not curated. Staying true to the spirit of the Fringe, applicants to the Open Doors Mentorship will be put into a draw and names will be pulled at random during the Fringe’s annual Lottery Party on Friday, December 3rd, at Arts Court.
Conditions to Apply
- You self-identify with at least one of Fringe’s Priority Groups
- You live in the Ottawa region
- You are available to perform during the 2022 Ottawa Fringe Festival (June 16-26)
- You have never produced a show in the Ottawa Fringe Festival in the past (you may have participated in some other facet; i.e. actor, stage manager)
- You are expected to attend all Fringe workshops leading up to the festival (free of charge)
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, November 30 at 11:59 pm. Late applications cannot be considered.
There is no cost to apply to the Open Doors Mentorship
Note: In addition to the Open Doors lottery, you may also apply to the general Festival lottery but will be expected to pay the $25.00 application fee
Alain Richer, Executive Director
2 Daly Avenue, Suite 100
Ottawa ON, K1N 6E2