What is the Open Doors Mentorship?
Ottawa Fringe is opening up its doors as an ally by offering artistic mentorship opportunities for producers who self-identify with any of the organization’s Priority Groups:
- Artists of Colour
- Deaf Artists and Artists with Disabilities
- Immigrant and Refugee Artists
- Indigenous Artists – First Nations, Metis, Inuit
Diversity is a fact. We want to ensure that the voices and stories we share on our stages reflect Ottawa’s vibrant and diverse communities.
What the Mentorship Offers:
- A dedicated 60-min performance slot in the 2019 Ottawa Fringe Festival;
- Waived festival fees;
- 20 hours with a committed professional mentor of your choosing, from January-June, 2019;
- Free access to all Fringe workshops (Fringe 101, Marketing, Tech, and Media Relations), as well as Fringe Boot Camp (Dramaturgy, Directing, Design), and our under development workshops series
- Administrative support and blanket festival marketing
The Fringe Festival is not curated. Staying true to the spirit of the Fringe, applicants to the Open Doors Mentorship will be put into a draw and two names will be pulled at random during the Fringe’s annual Lottery Party on Monday, December 3rd, at Arts Court.
Conditions to Apply
- You self-identify with at least one of Fringe’s Priority Groups
- You live in the Ottawa region
- You are available to perform during the 2019 Ottawa Fringe Festival (June 13-23)
- You have never produced a show in the Ottawa Fringe Festival in the past (you may have participated in some other facet; i.e. actor, stage manager)
Deadline to apply is Thursday, November 29 at 11:59 pm. Late applications cannot be considered.
There is no cost to apply to the Open Doors Mentorship
Note: In addition to the Open Doors lottery, you may also apply to the general Festival lottery but will be expected to pay the $25.00 application fee
Email: [email protected]