by Amanda Logan
April 21, 2021
The Media Coordinator will work directly with the festival’s Marketing and Communications Officer, creating content for all our social media platforms, tracking social media metrics, assisting in website updates, and media interactions. The successful candidate will be a motivated team player with excellent communication skills. They should be outgoing and happy to communicate with artists and press through social media.
This position is mostly remote, but may be required to be on site at Arts Court, depending on advice from Ottawa Public Health.
Duration: June 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021
Hours: 25 hours/week*, evening and weekend availability required
*25 hours/week is a total average of work completed. Workload will vary depending on the week.
Please send your CV to [email protected] by Monday, May 10, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and creating content for all Ottawa Fringe social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), while tracking metrics and engagement
- Developing a content calendar and posting schedule, in coordination with Marketing and Communications Officer
- Interacting with our follower network and responding to comments/messages, to encourage engagement
- Assisting with website updates and over-seeing online reviews
- Accompanying Fringe artists to media interviews and requests
- Creating an end-of-festival report on metrics for both social media and website accounts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of and experience with various social media platforms
- Knowledge of and experience with website development
- High level writing and communication skills
- Experience with media communication is a plus
- Familiarity with the Ottawa Fringe Festival and/or the Ottawa theatre scene is a strong asset
- Experience in WordPress is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset