by Ottawa Fringe
March 5, 2020
We are hiring!
Box Office attendant
Casual Hours of Work:
Shifts available for matinees 12:00pm – 4:00pm and evening performances 5:00 – 9:00pm
DEADLINE: Applications accepted until November 1, 2021 (4 positions available)
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: The Ottawa Fringe organization is the year-round manager of Arts Court Theatre and its three ancillary spaces inside the historical Arts Court building located in downtown Ottawa. The Ottawa Fringe prides itself in being a forum that unites artists and audiences in a fun, exploratory environment producing the Ottawa Fringe Festival and the undercurrents festival Since 2013.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES: An Ottawa Fringe BOX OFFICE ATTENDANT is an outgoing, detail-oriented individual responsible for day-to-day box office duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Selling tickets & merchandise, processing donations for the Ottawa Fringe festival and Arts Court Theatre clients
- Answering patron inquiries at the box office in-person and over the phone
- Reconciling cash and credit sales at the beginning and end of shifts
- Upholding Ottawa Fringe policies and procedures and representing Ottawa Fringe in a professional and welcoming manner at all times.
NOTE: Applicants may be required to work afternoons, evenings and/or weekends, dependent on operational needs. This is a casual shift position with work hours varying each month.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and conversational French
- Outstanding customer service / sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively
- Excellent computer skills (Showpass- ticket sales system, Email)
- Prior experience handling cash and balancing a till
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, email Claudia Gutierrez, General Manager at [email protected] with a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position. We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. Ottawa Fringe is committed to employment equity and requests that any required accommodations be noted in your application.