Job opportunity: Artistic Outreach & Development Coordinator
The Ottawa Fringe seeks a full-time Artistic Outreach and Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Festival Director and working closely with the Managing Director, the Artistic Outreach and Development Coordinator is responsible for managing the Fringe’s under development program, as well as community outreach.
- Coordination and administration of Ottawa Fringe’s under development program, serving as artist and community liaison; as well as program research, development, and implementation
- Planning and managing industry events for the local and national theatre communities
- Planning, scheduling, and managing all artistic and professional development workshops for the organization
- Identifying the needs and desires for artistic, community and professional development programming
- Liaising with artists and community groups to develop relationships for the Fringe and build bridges across artistic disciplines
- Developing outreach strategies and partnerships to increase knowledge of Ottawa Fringe mandate and programs
- Working with all Fringe staff, key funders and community partners to ensure effective and efficient outreach of information and program delivery
- Representing Ottawa Fringe at community events
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of the Ottawa theatre scene and the broader Ottawa arts community
- Commitment to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and increasing access to the arts
- Background in new play development
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High level organizational, and multitasking skills
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, thrive in fast-paced work environment
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
This is a full time, limited-term position (April 2018 – August 2019), with a pro-rated annual salary of $40,000.00, supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Please submit a PDF of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com before 5:00pm on Friday, April 13. All applications will be considered confidential. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ottawa Fringe is an equal opportunity employer.