by Patrick Gauthier
December 12, 2013
Ever since the results of our 2014 Lottery were announced last week, I have been inundated with requests for information and applications for our 2014 Bring Your Own Venue (BYOV) applications.
Here’s what you need to know:
- BYOV applications will be accepted starting at 10:00 am on Monday, January 13, 2014 (and can be filled out online)
- Applications will be accepted until February 24, 2014, or until the Festival has reached its quota (which is somewhere between 15-20 companies). Whichever comes first. So, if you’re planning to submit a BYOV application, the sooner the better
- All BYOV applicants submit a $25 Application Fee (a fee that will be waived if your company applied to the 2014 lottery)
- Applicants must submit a detailed project proposal which includes your proposed venue and written confirmation of venue rental/reservation (this can be a contract, letter of agreement, or email chains)
- If your application is successful, you will pay the BYOV Registration Fee ($475 plus HST) within 7 days of acceptance
- Priority will be given to applicants who are proposing site-specific work, as well as to applicants who are planning to share a BYOV with multiple companies
- Non site-specific BYOVs are required to have a minimum of one other company sharing their venue (otherwise, applicants can provide strong reasoning as to why they aren’t good at sharing, in their project proposal)
- It is strongly recommended that all potential BYOV applicants contact the Festival Director in advance of submitting their application
Not sure what a BYOV is? Watch this helpful video.