by Ottawa Fringe
July 2, 2013
The final box office reports are in and have confirmed a certain sense shared by many: 2013 has been a landmark year for the Ottawa Fringe.
In its 17th year, Ottawa’s largest theatre festival set several new records:
- Overall attendance: 13,500 (growing from 12,100 in 2012)
- Over $90,000 paid to artists (100 per cent of ticket sales)
- Opening weekend: 5,000 in attendance
- 12 sold-out performances during opening weekend
- A total of 46 sold-out performances
- Single-day attendance: 2,100 on Saturday, 29 June
With the Festival under wraps, fringing won’t let up. Many artists will continue their tours of North American festivals with the Toronto Fringe beginning tomorrow. In Ottawa, audiences look forward to a summer of theatre by locally-based and travelling companies.
Thanks for what’s been a wonderful Festival. Do use the Ottawa Fringe newsletter to keep in touch and an ear to the ground for what’s to come.