by Alain Richer
June 19, 2012
Three sellouts – on a MONDAY night. Congratulations to Little Lady, Wanderlust, and Vernus says SURPRISE, all of who sold out their first performances last night as part of the Second Coming of Fringe. And while I had the night off, I heard report of a nice big house at Alien Predator: The Musical, as well as I’m Not Crying in the Bathroom… I’m Crying in the Supply Closet and 100 First Kisses.
Vernus and Little Lady are both on again tonight, as well as the very well reviewed Dead Wrong, Hip Hop Shakespeare Live Music Videos, More Power to Your Knitting, Nell! and The Fat Guy Show. It’s too late to buy advance tickets (they’re only available until the day of the performance) so I suggest you go early to get a ticket, then head over to the Courtyard for some food and drink.
When you’re done seeing shows, tonight is the Super Secret Mystery Cabaret. If I’m telling you about it here, how can it be a secret? The line up’s a secret (only to be revealed at or just before the event) and what some artists will be performing is a secret (even to them!). But here’s what I can tell you:
- it’s at 11:15 pm in the Courtroom (BYOV G)
- it’s $10 get in
- seating is extremely limited
- a great line up of Fringe artists will be performing pieces that can’t be seen in their shows
- the theme is “16” so dress up like you’re 16, wear 16 of the same thing, bring 16 friends, or whatever!
- it’s a licensed event with a cash only bar. Courtyard drink tickets will not be accepted, so hit an ATM on your way to the festival tonight.
Still not sure what you might see? Watch this Fringe Minute on 2011’s Super Secret Mystery Cabaret for an idea…
It’s going to be hot today, Ottawa. So stay inside to keep cool in advance of a night of Fringing!