by Ottawa Fringe
September 19, 2022
JOB OPPORTUNITY: COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
The Ottawa Fringe Festival “Ottawa Fringe” is hiring for the position of Community Outreach Coordinator.
This role reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the delivery of services for the Fringe festival, undercurrents festival and Arts Court Theatre rental program.
Date Posted: Sept 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Oct 7, 2022
Start Date: Nov 1, 2022
Duration: This is a 24-month, part-time position. This is a grant funded position.
Hours: 20 hours/week, with the ability to work overtime during festivals and some events.
Who We Are:
The Ottawa Fringe is an organization committed to empowering audiences, encouraging artists to take risks, pursue their visions, and develop their skills. The organization manages the theatre and arts spaces in the Arts Court and produces two festivals, the Ottawa Fringe Festival and undercurrents. The Ottawa Fringe Festival is an uncensored, annual, Ottawa-based summer festival that provides emerging and established artists an opportunity to produce their work. The winter festival, undercurrents, is a curated festival that showcases the best original, contemporary theatre created by local, national, and international artists.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for connecting the organization with the surrounding community including artists, patrons, rental clients, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of outreach strategies;
- Prepare accurate records and reports on the goals of fundraising and community outreach plans;
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events;
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities;
- Promote programming with a focus on diversifying our artist and patron communities;
- Represent the Ottawa Fringe Festival in the community as a spokesperson for our programming and events.
- Nurture new and existing relationships with local businesses, organizations and other collaborative partners;
- Find event sponsorship and assist to raise funds according to organization’s goals;
- Create sponsorship agreements;
- Assist in creating and implementing stewardship plans;
- Assist in the organization of special events, including fundraising initiatives.
- Manage year-round volunteer program including: advertising for, screening, and recruiting volunteers, providing them with training and support and keeping records of their activities;
- Develop festival volunteer program and work closely with Volunteer Management team;
- Promote Arts Court rental program to the community and recruit new clients.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to determine additional responsibilities and/or update the scope of duties.
- Share and actively uphold the values of the Ottawa Fringe, including support for and celebration of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Commit to upholding a safe and inclusive space for co-workers, artists, and patrons, including taking actions to ensure an environment free of harassment, racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia;
- Three (3) years of relevant experience with a not-for-profit organization;
- Experience working on sponsorship and fundraising initiatives;
- Familiarity with Canadian Fringe Festivals and the national theatre landscape;
- Familiarity with the Ottawa arts community;
- Exceptional communication skills, including building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, clients, and audiences;
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and changing deadlines, circumstances, and challenges;
- Bilingualism is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send to the hiring committee ([email protected]) your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and detailing why you believe you are the ideal candidate for the Community Outreach Coordinator position by Friday, October 7. Only candidates who qualify will be contacted for next steps in the interview process.